1. Create a Game Plan: Get organized and start checking off that check list. Getting items before the day of your event or celebration also helps prevent stress caused by time constraints.
2. Make a Budget: Finances are always stressful. Make a budget and stick to it. Don't overspend and put yourself in a bad place. A thoughtful gift doesn't have to be expensive. Be creative!
3. Accept Reality: Mistakes are going to happen and drive you crazy. Try to go with the flow and accept that life and everyone in it aren't perfect.
4. Create New Traditions: Try to switch things up each holiday season. Sometimes doing the same thing over and over again for years can drain out a certain person or a group of people. Take a vacation every other year, or do a gag gift exchange instead of stressing over getting thoughtful gifts for loved ones.
5. Stay Healthy: Everyone has a busy schedule, but don't neglect your health. Exercise and diet play a huge role in how you are feeling. Exercise is also a great stress reliever!
6. Lower Your Alcohol and Caffeine Intake: Try to drink less caffeine and alcohol. Caffeine can disrupt your sleep schedule and alcohol can make you feel sluggish and depressed.
7. Take a Break: If you are feeling overwhelmed take a minute to pull yourself together. Stop for a couple minutes and do breathing exercises or find a quiet place and listen to some of your favorite music. Talking a short walk outside can also help ground you.
8. Celebrate Life: Whether you're celebrating a holiday, loved ones or simply enjoying life don't forget what the holiday season represents. Keep those you loved ones close and remember what they mean to you and how they make your life wonderful. :)